C.U.P.S. is awesome!
CUPS (Communities Uniting in Prayer and Service) is a vessel of God's love, which invites everyone to experience God's abundance through both giving and receiving.
CUPS is a space where we share and laugh and encourage each other to give what we have to share and to receive what the community is sharing with us. Our building is half cafe and half warehouse, which is perfect because we drink lots of coffee and we share lots of "stuff"!!! We listen to each other and share our lives, living in community, through our prayers and service to one another. Abundance is shared in many ways, so you are invited to join us, to share what you have, and to receive the blessing of being part of the CUPS Community.
CUPS is a fluid community. You can "join" or not.... You can come by in person, or participate online.... You can participate a lot or a little.... You can be REALLY active or just jump in and help out once.... You can request assistance...... or give from your Abundance..... or BOTH! You can drink coffee.... or tea.... or neither..... You can mostly sit and visit in the cafe..... or you can bust your butt working in the warehouse.....
We are located at 211 A Guilbeau Rd (between Johnston and Congress St. on Guilbeau) and we are there every Thur. & Fri. 12-6pm and Sat. 12-4pm. Come have coffee, sort donations, see if we have something you need, and be part of the CUPS Community! If you aren't sure how you best fit in, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to talk with you. Welcome.
Financial Donations can be mailed to: CUPS / P.O. Box 60634 / Lafayette/LA/70596
* Donate by check or gift cards to the store of your choice. All donations go to meeting the needs of the community unless you designate that your gift (or a portion of it) can be used for CUPS administrative costs (warehouse rent & other café costs).
Click on this link to donate to the CUPS Compassion Fund. All donations are used to directly assist people in the Acadiana area.
Items needed in the Acadiana Area:
You can donate these items second-hand or you can purchase them from garage sales or retail stores & then donate them.
- Cleaning Supplies: bleach, laundry/dish detergent, all-purpose cleaners, sponges/paper towels, mops/brooms, vacuum.
- Kitchen Items: pots/pans, dishes, glasses, mugs, silverware, cooking utensils, small appliances.
- Bedding/Towels: sheet sets (all sizes), blankets/comforters (all sizes), pillows, large and washcloth size.
- Household Furniture/Appliances: sofas, beds, table/chairs, end table, coffee table, fridge, W/D, stove, electric heaters.
- Baby Items: cribs (donation of $130 will purchase a new one), playpens, car seats, bottles, diapers/wipes, formula.
- Toiletries: shampoo/conditioner, soap, toothbrush/paste, floss, mouthwash, razors, shaving cream, feminine hygiene.
- Clothing: coats, all extra large sizes (2x and larger), children’s clothing/uniform